Today, MediaTek announced the latest Dimensity 900 5G chipset, the newest member of the Dimensity 5G family. Centered on a 6nm high-performance manufacturing node, the Dimensity 900 chipset supports Wi-Fi 6, ultra-fast FHD+ 120Hz displays, and a 108MP primary camera for an impressive all-around experience.
“Dimensity 900 brings a suite of networking, display, and 4K HDR visual enhancements to high-tier 5G smartphones, as well as great design flexibility for brands’ 5G portfolios,” said Dr. JC Hsu, Corporate Vice President and General Manager of MediaTek’s Wireless Communications Business Unit. “The chipset’s support for 5G and Wi-Fi 6 means consumers get the most out of their devices with super-fast and reliable connectivity.”
A 5G New Radio (NR) sub-6GHz modem with carrier aggregation and bandwidth support up to 120MHz is included in the Dimensity 900 chipset. The chipset includes an octa-core central processing unit (CPU) with two Arm Cortex-A78 processors operating at 2.4GHz and six Arm Cortex-A55 cores running at 2GHz. Dimensity 900 supports flagship LPDDR5 memory and UFS 3.1 storage, as well as a 120Hz screen refresh rate, giving 5G mobile devices outstanding performance upgrades and a seamless experience.
For optimum power efficiency and battery life, the chipset also includes an Arm Mali-G68 MC4 graphics processing unit (GPU) and an independent artificial intelligence (AI) processing unit (APU). The third generation of MediaTek’s AI processing unit is extremely power-efficient, enabling it to support a broad range of AI applications as well as 4K high definition resolution (HDR).
Many cutting-edge advances are built into the Dimensity 900, including:
- MediaTek’s Imagiq 5.0: The chipset integrates a flagship-class, HDR-native image signal processor (ISP) and incorporates a unique hardware-accelerated 4K HDR video recording engine. This supports up to four concurrent cameras and up to 108MP sensors.
- MediaTek’s MiraVision: The chipset packs upgraded video capabilities from a standard dynamic range (SDR) to HDR with real-time enhancements of HDR10+ video playback to improve color and contrast content.
- Premium AI-Camera Enhancements: Smartphones powered by the Dimensity 900 will capture every detail with support for up to 108MP cameras with 32M at 30fps and multi-camera options 20+20MP. The chipset integrates our AI processing unit with ultra-efficient INT8, INT16, and accurate FP16 capabilities to deliver premium and super precise AI-camera results.
- Advanced Connectivity: Dimensity 900 supports dual-SIM 5G standby function, 5G SA/NSA networking, and dual-SIM VoNR voice services. This chipset integrates a 2×2 MIMO Wi-Fi 6 connection, Bluetooth 5.2, and GNSS.
- Smooth Gaming: Dimensity 900 supports MediaTek’s HyperEngine gaming engine. Advanced uninterrupted call technology supports gaming and dual-SIM calls at the same time, along with the 5G high-speed rail and super hotspot game modes.
The Dimensity 5G series from MediaTek provides smartphones with an unrivaled combination of networking, multimedia, AI, and imaging technologies, powering premium and flagship devices with the Dimensity 1000, 1100, and 1200 families, as well as a range of devices for the wider global market with the Dimensity 700, 800, and 900 families.
The Dimensity series supports all connectivity generations, including 2G to 5G, as well as the most recent connectivity features, including 5G standalone (SA) and non-standalone (NSA) architectures, 5G two carrier aggregation (2CC) across frequency division duplex (FDD), time division duplex (TDD), dynamic spectrum sharing (DSS), True Dual SIM 5G (5G SA + 5G SA), and Voice over New Radio (VoNR).
The new MediaTek Dimensity 900 processor will power devices that will be available in the global market in the second quarter of 2021.